OHSAS 18001 Certification in Dubai:
The Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series, OHSAS 18000, has been developed to help organizations control and minimize occupational health and safety risks. OHSAS 18001 in Dubai is a specific standard for occupational health and safety management systems designed to eliminate or minimize the risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to occupational health and safety risks associated with the business activities. OHSAS 18001 is compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 management systems. OHSAS 18001 represents a progression of a management system philosophy, from quality to environmental, continuing to occupational health and safety.
Why Require OHSAS 18001:
By having a clearly defined management system in place to identify and control health and safety risks, organizations are able to minimize risks to their workforce and visitors or external contractors on their premises. The standard will enable organizations to put in place processes for continually reviewing and improving occupational health and safety.
Key areas that will be assessed by OHSAS 18001 certification in Dubai
- Management systems in place
- Planning and risk assessment
- Staff training and awareness
- Communication of safety management systems
- Response to emergency situations
- Monitoring and continual improvement
Who is it for:
OHSAS 18001 certification in Dubai is suitable for all types of an organization wanting to become more efficient in managing and reducing accidents in the workplace.
By setting up systems that are assessed by a third party certification body, organizations will prove to their staff, suppliers, and customers that they take health and safety seriously.
OHSAS 18001 accreditation provides a framework to help organizations meet their legal obligations to Health and Safety in the workplace.
Benefits of an OHSAS Certification:
- Best Practice – communicates the organization’s commitment to high performance standards.
- Cost Reduction – work-related accidents will be minimized thereby reducing the associated costs of injury, illness, death, damage to equipment, delayed deliveries, high insurance premiums, and staff turnover.
- Contribution to productivity – greater reliability and less time spent rectifying mistakes, and fewer deviations from procedure.
- Potential to increase staff morale
- Enables staff to concentrate on core business activities
- Improves performance and productivity.